How you can help with the Joplin, MO tornado relief
There are several ways to help.
- The Salvation Army’s disaster relief is accepting text donations. You can text JOPLIN to 80888 to donate $10 to the Joplin, Mo Relief. For additional information you can go HERE. Or you can text REDCROSS to 90999 to donate $10 to the Red Cross. For additional information on Red Cross you can go HERE.
- There are several places that you can drop off donations or mail donations to. Go HERE for a list of places you can send your donations to.
- If you are interested in volunteering in Joplin please call 211 or 1-800-427-4626 to register as a volunteer. Volunteers should call before traveling to Joplin to see where they can help.
- There is a great need for O negative blood. For more information you can go HERE to the Community Blood Center.
You can visit the Joplin, MO Tornado Recovery on Facebook HERE to find loved ones.
Some donations that are needed are:
- Canned goods
- Bottled water/Gatorade
- Canned Juices/milk
- Peanut butter & other High energy foods
- Baby supplies such as: baby food, diapers, wipes, and formula
- Band-Aids and other medications such as: Antacid or Pain relievers
- Toilet paper
- Feminine supplies
- Personal hygiene items such as: soap, towels, deodorant, or shampoo
- Paper Cups, plates, and plastic utensils
- Flashlights and batteries
- Bug Spray